Another long weekend, so I finally got the Dylusions out to practice.
The first time I tried the inks in my journal (which is not really started yet) I sprayed both pages and ended up with .. mud! So I decided to try it on tags. The first two tags I started spraying and realised I hadn't wet them! I still lack confidence using the inks as they are strong colours and I get the impression they shoot out of the bottle!
At the moment only one tag is completely finished
I used all three greens for the leaves/hair, Dirty Martini, Cut Grass and Fresh Lime. there is also a touch of Calyps Teal in there too. Stamps are "Bits of this", "Further around the edge" for the leaves, "say what you mean" sentiment and letters from "basic backgrounds stamped in crimson archival.
I used the small "luscious leaves" stencil and a daubber. The result was not sharp (will go back to using cut n dry foam), so I "patched up" with a white signo pen.
I tried the Ghosting technique on all of the tags to varying degrees.
On this tag I "bumped" the background on the luscious leaves stencil using "White Linen" ink, the letters are from "basic backgrounds" using crimson archival again.
This is the third one of this batch
And number 4, again from the same spraying.
I sprayed White linen through the Luscious leaves stencil then tidied up with the White gel pen.
The next two were ghosted with the "chequered dots" and stamped with basic backgrounds" circles, the flowers from "background love" and leaves from "around the edge"
I had fun and think I might move on to my journal soon.