After 3 days rest, Saturday proved to be quite busy!
2 problems in France. 1. Lack of decent Local Store to buy materials to paint on. 2. What do you do with the boxes once you've drunk the bag dry? Solved both problems, I save the cardboard and simply cut it to an 8 x 4 inch plate and altered it!!
After reading Sue Carrington’s third project of the week on the PaperArtsy blog “Art In Bloom”. I decided to do my version of it for the weekly competition. For the most part I did exactly the same as Sue, cut diamonds, peeled off a bit of the surface ....
scraped on and off some Grunge Paste ....
painted it all with Vanilla Fresco .....
Next, same as Sue, I painted it with Guacamole, wiped back with a baby-wipe. I washed the whole piece with Hey Pesto (again wiped back a bit), spritzed with Blood Orange, stamped with Mini 61, and tried the "bump" technique.... didn't work , well except on the lower diamonds. I used the Andy Skinner Baroque stencil. Buffed Treasure gold Renaissance, Emerald and Ruby on the corners, edges and to highlight the diamonds.
I covered some Grunge paper with newspaper and stamped some JOFY stamps, including the leaves/petals that I used to build the flowers.
Also stamped some Ranger Specialty stamping paper..mistake really great for stamping but found it too smooth, the paint didn't adhere well, so it took several coats. I used a variety of colours, Hey Pesto and Hyde Park for the Greens, Vanilla, Zesty Zing, Smoked Paprika, Blood Orange, Claret etc
|Flowers at Bottom|
|Flowers and butterfly|
Happy with the final result. I will try the "Bump" technique with a different stencil and practice on a flat surface first. I think I'll use the corrugated card diamonds again. I really like the Grunge Paste and Treasure Gold combination!